Wednesday, September 26 at 7:45am
Join DES parents and Principal Jennifer Sanders for the first coffee of the year. The topic will be Starting the Path to College, and experts will be on hand to discuss finances, test preparation, and application development. All experts agree that planning for college starts during the elementary years so you are RIGHT ON TIME! PTO will provide light snacks and coffee.
We are only 2 weeks away from the All Fore One Golf and Tennis Tournaments presented by Village Orthodontics! Sign up today for this fun event that will take place on Monday, October 1, at Dunwoody Country Club. Golf registration begins at 8:30 am and tennis at 11:00am. Tennis will be concluded by 2pm for those of you who have elementary school pick-ups!
As you may know, the money we raised last year was donated to DHS and helped with their sports grounds. The impact the money made was immediate and is being enjoyed by the DHS community. Please consider participating in this worthwhile even! Our good public schools continue to anchor Dunwoody, making it a great place to live!
Please go to www.allforeonedunwoody.org for more information! We hope to see many of you on October 1!
Picture Day will be Tuesday, October 2. Order forms went out in last
Thursday's Tip folder.
To order pictures:
Students should bring their completed form (with payment enclosed) on photo day.
Parents may also pre-pay online by using the link and passcode below. If they choose to pre-pay, the student must bring their printed receipt on photo day as proof of payment and order confirmation. The pre-pay option will end the evening of October 1, so online ordering will not be an option on the morning of picture day.
Parents who don't wish to pre-pay will receive a card with the instructions to view the images online, and a unique passcode for their student to view and order images approximately 2 weeks after picture day. There will be a $5 shipping charge on orders shipped home instead of the school.
Parents who pre-pay and are not satisfied with their order may return the picture package on make-up day (October 23rd) and have their pictures retaken at no charge.
Please do not put order forms in the PTO mailbox. Students should have their forms with them the day of pictures.
- Go to www.dunwoodypto.com
- Log into your account
- Click on "My Account"
- Select "Family Information"
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page
- Click "Next Step"
- On this page you have the option to....
- Add another student (button at the top left)
- Update your students grade & teacher
- Click if your student is no longer attending DES
- Hit "Save" at the bottom of the page
Receive Critical Alerts from
Mrs. Sanders with Remind.com
If you have not already signed up, please remember to setup your Remind.com account to receive critical alerts from Principal Sanders.
Remind.com will help keep you informed about important events or situations. Remind.com is a free service that lets DES staff send quick messages via text, email, or push notifications to everyone involved with the school. We'll be able to stay in touch without revealing personal information. Signing up for my messages on Remind.com is easy.
Option #1 - Receive messages via text message (if this does not work with your carrier, use Option #2 or #3):
- Step 1: Text my class code "@54002d" to 81010
- Step 2: Reply to the message from the Remind.com team with your first and last name, and you're in!
Option #2 - Receive messages via push notification by the Remind.com phone app
- Step 1: Download the Remind.com app on your Android or iOS device, or go to rmd.me/a to install the app.
- Step 2: Once you've downloaded the app, create a parent account with your email address.
- Step 3: Go to the Classes tab, tap the +, and enter our unique class code "@54002d."
Option #3 - You can also sign up via the Internet:
- Your personal contact information is not visible to me or the school.
- I can send announcements to the entire school or direct messages to individual or group conversations.
- All messages are recorded and easily accessible in case they need to be referenced in the future.
- Messages from me will be sent directly to your phone or email account.
If you have a Membership Toolkit account, you can use the same login for your account on our site. For more information, click here